Saturday, May 14, 2011

5-14-11 - One day after THE Book came out.

I talked to several people on the phone yesterday, about the book, and they WHY for it. Some are having trouble understanding Murdoch’s POWER, and I understand that.

One person said, “If it wasn’t for FOX I wouldn’t get to see the KC Royal’s Baseball”.

One person said, “Whenever a GOP is elected Prez we put ALL of our $$$ into cash, and reinvest it when a Demo takes office.”
NOW that sounds like good advice.

2 things I talk about - that, I hope, makes it easier to understand Murdoch’s POWER is - the Mass election, after Kennedy died. Kennedy had that seat for - I will do a little Research here - went to Wikipedia - “Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy (February 22, 1932 – August 25, 2009) was a United States Senator from Massachusetts and a member of the Democratic Party. Serving almost 47 years, he was the second most senior member of the Senate when he died and is the fourth-longest-serving senator in United States history.”

So, the Senate Seat had been DEMO for 47 years. People were used to voting for a demo, so when a Demo was put up to replace him, it seemed a shoo-in.

The GOP picked a guy named Brown, and unknown, he was 20 points back, and didn’t have a Chance - ENTER Murdoch.

Before Kennedy died, the Demo’s had 60 members in the Senate.

Sidebar, WHY does it take 60 votes to get anything thru? What happened to a - Simple Majority?

What happened to the Reid amendment to change that - what - Rule? - back to 51?

So, the MASS Vote was Critical to the future of the WORLD.

To Get Brown elected - the WSJ ran editorials about him, and Fox News had him on in person, the talkers talked about how GOOD he was, how much the country needed him, on and on.

He WON by 20 Points.

The other thing to watch is - the DOW.

The second thing is - What has happened to the Dow since - Sept 21, 2010 - the day after the WSJ proclaimed the Recession was over. It has been 210 days, and the DOW is UP  to -  12,595.75 - 17%.
17% in 210 days, Amazing.

When I did the figures I realized that since BLiden died the DOW has gone down - 229 points. Wonder WHY that is?

The DOW had been at 12,825.37 so in 198 days  it had gone up 2,071.75 points. - 19% . Unheard of. Can Anyone tell me, when in history the Dow went up 19% in 198 days. So far the ONLY thing I hear is NEVER.

I use Spread Sheets a LOT, if I could only have one PC program it would be a Spreadsheet.
===
I subscribe to the HF Morning Call. People Post on it to me, and about me. As you Read this next part - Remember Murdoch wants the GOP to Repeal ObamaCare.

5 - 14 - 11 FROM - Ken Jarvis - LVKen7@Gmail.com
  1. West Texan on May 13th, 2011 at 11:54am said:
  2. Although I’m off topic, Ken said “I have been using Medicare for 14 years”.
  3. Here’s a analogy Ken. Think of a single elevator car taking on more passengers as its frazzled cable pulls this ever increasing weight higher and higher.
  4. Thanks West Texas - NO Problem
  5. The Medicare OFFICE is on the First Floor.
  6. ===
  7. Ben C., Ann Arbor, MI on May 13th, 2011 at 3:04pm said:
  8. Ken J:
  9. Please define “best Hcare I know about.” There is a difference between quality of care and cost of care. There is also a difference in perception between two observers. Your comment is based on a comparison – what delivery systems are you comparing?
  10. *** Thanks Ben C.
  11. I am 80. I am comparing Medicare that I have had for the last 14 years to what I had before.
  12. MEDICARE IS THE BEST.
  13. My brother Tom has ALS - Luckily, HE has Medicare. 
  14. ====

No comments:

Post a Comment